https://www.ashfoxphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/DSC_5487.jpg 1201 1800 Ash Fox https://www.ashfoxphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Ash-Fox-Primary.black-3.png Ash Fox2015-10-06 16:15:482022-04-21 03:38:01Autumn in NYC : Best location ideas & tips for Proposing this Fall
Autumn in NYC : Best location ideas & tips for Proposing this Fall
Fall is really one of the best seasons in NYC. It’s finally the perfect temperature to do anything without complaining that it’s too hot or too cold. Everything everywhere from coffee to pizza is pumpkin and cinnamon flavored. Everyone’s smiling. That drink isn’t spiked is spiced! Black is back, and it’s leather weather! There are other reasons to smile now that it’s fall. NYC is very romantic in the fall… remember that Wynonna Ryder movie “Autumn in New York?” Fall in New York is the perfect season to propose and the colors, cozy clothing, and ideal temperature make it the perfect engagement portrait season.
NYC Autumn Proposal Tips
- embrace the peak foliage which generally happens mid-late October through early November!
- take advangtage of light layers, a blazer or bulky sweater with large pockets is the perfect place to stash a ring…summer makes for trickier ring hiding issues
- enjoy a day trips outside the city, some of the best fall foliage can be seen in upstate NY and central NJ
Get inspired by these gorgeous Fall proposals
Autumn Proposal Location Ideas & fun Fall Activities
- Dia Beacon – the incredible sculpture center in Beacon NY featuring the work of Robert Smithson, Louise Bourgeois and Richard Serra among others
- Apple Picking!
- The Jack o Lantern Maze in Upstate NY
- Cold Springs
- Duke Farms NJ – Doris Dukes stunning property is now a park open to the public
- The Dog Halloween Parade in Tompkins Square Park one of my favorite fun fall activities
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens – an extremely romantic fall venue for your proposal, right next to the Brooklyn Museum
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!